5 Of My Favourite Face Washes
Obviously suffering from acne prone skin can be extremely painful and irritating at the best of times. People often assume that oily skin and acne prone skin is basically the same thing, this is something I disagree with quite entirely. I believe that knowing your own skin type can be half the battle when treating your face and what works for me may not necessarily work for you.
Ultimately, my skin type is combination, very dry in patches, but also oily in other places. So some face products for "Acne Prone Skin" can be extremely drying, and if like me, you already have dry skin these products can dry out your skin even more to the point of flakiness which is a whole other ball game to tackle. It can be extremely difficult to find a face wash that does both - soothes acne while replenishing the face with hydration. I have struggled with this combination so I often find that having two different face washes on hand can help to address both problems because it can be hard to address both issues in one product.
5. One of my favourite face washes is the Bioré Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser, this face wash is very helpful with drying out acne but it can also dry out my skin too, so I don't think that it should be for every day use. On that first day of a new breakout use some of this and you will see a difference. I also love the price of this product as it is less than €10 and can be found in lots of pharmacies around the country.
4. Another fabulous product, is the La Roche Posay Effaclar Purifying Cleansing Gel. This product leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean and can be very soothing towards impurities and imperfections without causing any dryness. This product is a lot more gentle on the skin than the Bioré face wash but still if not used correctly could cause some dry patches so ensure that you use an appropriate moisturiser afterwards for optimum results.
3. The Kiehls Blue Herbal Acne Cleanser Treatment - with Salicylic Acid is another great option for acne prone skin. However, some of the ingredients in the face wash can be drying so I wouldn't recommend for everyday use if you are prone to dry patches too. This face wash provides multiple ingredients that are key to eliminating the appearance of spots and redness while removing the excess sebum from the face. Once again, with this product I would recommend having a good oil free moisturiser to ensure that you do not get too dry from this product.
2. This face wash has been a bit of a holy grail product for me for quite awhile and is something that I always keep in my kit. It is a bit more pricey but to me it is absolutely worth the splurge; it is called the Omorovicza Cleansing Foam. This product can be found on websites such as Cult Beauty and lookfantastic. Although, it is not specifically for acne treatment it is certainly very soothing for the skin. This face wash doesn't lather quite like a normal face wash, it feels very luxurious and silky on the skin and provides moisture and helps soothe impurities while leaving you with a glowing complexion. Even before I had such struggles with my skin, I was a huge fan of this product for a long time it always left my complexion feeling luminous and soft. So if your skin needs a bit of TLC from all of those drying products that are used to treat acne, I would really recommend giving this a go every once in awhile to pump a bit of life back into your skin.
1. This particular face wash is the newest to my collection but has really changed my skin for the better. I honestly am blown away by how my skin has reacted to this product. The Image Clear Cell Clarifying Gel Cleanser has been the ultimate game changer for me. I honestly can not believe the difference in my acne since I have started using it, I picked it up in The SISU Clinic in Cork City based on one of the aestheticians fantastic recommendations and have not looked back since. It is my go to when I am having a really bad flare up and when used in conjunction with a good serum and moisturiser it does not dry out my skin at all. It is by far my favourite face wash to help treat my acne. Once again it is a little bit more pricey but to me it is worth it.
Unfortunately, everyone's skin is very different and ultimately not all of these products will agree with everyones different skin types. These are just my personal favourites out of the dozens that I have tried. I have spent a lot of time and money trying different products and these are just the ones that have worked well for me. As I have mentioned in the past my skin is still not clear, it is getting a lot better but I still have a long way to go, so I am not promising miracle workers but these are simply the products that have helped to give me some relief. I really hope that some of you find something within this post that can help your skin as much as they have helped mine... If you have any other questions about these products please don't hesitate to ask.
Finally if you have enjoyed reading this article or any of my other articles, don't forget to subscribe, it is free after all ;)